Related Sites:

Yerex Building

234 East Third Street Yerex Building

Yerex Building – 1882
234 East Third Street

Dr. David V. Yerex built this building in 1882 as a carriage and wagon repository.  It was the first door west of what was then Dan McGillis’ Bancroft Hotel.  It is 24 x 40, two stories high.  Newspaper accounts of 1914 indicate the building received a new coat of paint in that year.

Dr. Yerex came to this vicinity about 1860 and for a time was employed by his uncle, James Harrington, who kept the Imlay Hotel on South Blacks Corners Road.  After attending the Medical University of Toronto and Bellevue Hospital in New York City he came back to the area and practiced medicine.  He moved to the village some time around 1877.  He had large land holdings and farms in Goodland and Imlay townships.

In earlier years Dr. Yerex allowed a portion of the building to be used by the Ladies Library Association for ice cream and cake fundraisers.

In 1896, Mrs. F. Korst managed a restaurant in this building.  In 1911 the building was used as the Star Restaurant, with the proprietor being S. C. Titus.  For many years it was Ray’s Bar, and most recently the Front Row Tavern.

In January of 2007 the building suffered a fire which damaged mostly the second floor.  It was renovated the next year.

Yerex Building
234 East Third Street

Continuing on your tour...

Thursdays
1:00 PM-6:00 PM
May- October
Corner of Third & Main Streets

Tuesdays
7:00 PM
June-August
Lamb Steele Park

Saturday
September 28, 2019
6:00 PM- 10:00 PM
Downtown Imlay City

November 30, 2018
6:00 PM
Downtown Imlay City

Imlay City DDA

150 North Main Street

Imlay City, MI 48444

8:00 AM- 4:30 PM

Scroll to Top