The City of Imlay City
Our community is a great place in which to live, work, conduct business and play. Imlay City is centrally located off I-69 and M-53 with major cities like Detroit, Port Huron, and Flint just a short drive away.
We possess a great deal of history, including our early days as a major stop on the railway, to the growth and inception of M-53 as the "new" main street for Imlay City commerce.
We boast a stable economy including commercial, industrial, and professional services. Excellent public schools combine with a plethora of affordable housing opportunities to make Imlay City an even more desirable place to call home.
Our quaint downtown offers a pleasant rendition of the early 1900’s, allowing visitor’s to leave the hustle and bustle of present day city life behind for a while.
Imlay City Demographics
Imlay City Industries
Imlay City Industrial Park
The Imlay City Industrial Park maintains the following attributes:
- Municipal Water & Sewer Service
- Consumers Energy Gas Service
DTE Electric Service
Certified Business Park
Multi-Modal Renaissance Zones Available
- Industrial Development Revenue Bonds
- Imlay City Revolving Loan Fund
- Industrial Development Tax Abatements
- Building & Site Assistance (Lapeer County Industrial Directory, Lapeer County Profile, Manufacturing & Benefit Survey)
- Job Training