Downtown Imlay City's Annual Events
Every year, Imlay City Downtown Development Authority offers many different events to highlight our community! We encourage all local and surrounding-area residents to come join in on the fun. Enjoy our downtown district businesses, stroll through our beautifully landscaped streets, and take advantage of our free events!
Imlay City Farmers Market
Our local farmers market operates in Downtown Imlay City on the corner of Third and Main Streets, across the street from the post office.
In 2021, we are offering TWO market days:
- THURSDAYS, 10 AM - 4 PM, is our Regular Season Market. Our Regular Season Market will be open for 23 weeks, opening on May 20th through October 28th.
- If you are interested in being a vendor on our Thursday 10 AM - 4 PM market day, please read the Imlay City Farmers Market Rules Regulations 2021 and fill out our THURSDAY Regular Season Application 2021 Imlay City Farmers Market
- TUESDAYS, 2 PM - 7 PM, is our Evening Season Market. This market day and time is NEW this year, and as such is trial-mode, only running for 11 weeks. Our Evening Season Market is open June 8th through August 31st (closed July 6 and July 27) and will operate in conjunction with our Summer Concert Series located around the corner.
- If you are interested in being a vendor on our Tuesday 3 PM - 8 PM market day,
- please read the Imlay City Farmers Market Rules Regulations 2021 and fill out our TUESDAY Evening Season Application 2021 Imlay City Farmers Market
For more information or questions regarding the Imlay City Farmers Market, contact our Market Manager Katrina Morrow today! Call Imlay City Hall at (810) 724 - 2135 or email email@example.com.
FOOD TRUCKS WANTED! We love having Michigan food trucks join us at all of our Downtown Imlay City Events. If you are interested in setting up with us, please contact our DDA Director Lorrelei Natke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Entertainment Coordinator Katrina Morrow (email@example.com) for more information on upcoming events (Farmers Markets, Concerts, Community Events, etc). There is a Peddlers Permit required by the City of Imlay City; see Imlay City Peddlers Permit here.
The Imlay City Farmers Market is Farm Fresh and Locally Grown!
2021 FREE Summer Concert Series
Our Summer Concert Series runs June through August, offering 11 concerts outdoors in Lamb Steele Park. All concerts will begin at 7 PM, unless stated otherwise, and play through until 8:30 PM. Artists and genres will be updated soon.
June 8 Bob Marshall Band - cowboy rock-n-roll
June 15 The Noise Mechanisms - acoustic duo, 1960s through Today's music
June 22 Motor City Josh & the BIG 3 - funky blues you can't refuse
June 29 REVIVAL: Allman Brothers Tribute Band
No concert on July 6 in observation of Fourth of July
July 13 Frame 42 (local youth/classic rock)
July 20 Wayward Wind w/John Salsido (classic rock, Beatles, Eagles, America and more)
No concert on July 27 in conjunction with Fair Week
Aug 3 Acoustic Ash (up n coming singer songwriter)
Aug 10 Detroit Soul Revival (Motown)
Aug 17 Jeff Hoagland Band
Aug 24 Delaney Natke (local singer-songwriter)
Aug 31 Gasoline Gypsies
The Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) strengthens arts and culture in Michigan by increasing its visibility; supporting arts education; encouraging new, creative and innovative works of art; and broadening cultural understanding. A key conduit for arts and cultural information, MCACA is also a source of arts and culture grant funding.
Art in the Rough 2021 - CANCELLED
Winter Playground - Saturday, December 4, 2021
Every year, Imlay City aims to ring in the holiday season with something special: Winter Playground!
This is a family and community-oriented event, so come one and come all. Downtown businesses welcome you with open arms as they offer an assortment of holiday readings, crafts for kids and adults alike, as well as warming stations with refreshments! Every year, the outdoor highlights include the lighted parade, the tree lighting, and horse-drawn wagon rides. Imlay City puts all of this activity on for you free of any charge! We just want you and your family to enjoy our town.
Details for our 2021 event coming soon...