Related Sites:

Dr. Jones’ Office

223 East Third Street Dr. Jones Office
Circa 1874

Dr. Jones’ Office- 1872
223 East Third Street

J. Krusen was one of Imlay City’s pioneer merchants, establishing a drug store in 1872, carrying “drugs, medicines, paints and oils.” In 1875, after the village was incorporated, he served as assessor for a few years.  In 1884 Mr. Krusen moved to Larned, Kansas.

Dr. George W. Jones was Imlay City’s first physician, coming to Imlay City in December of 1873.  Dr. Jones first office was on the second floor of the N. J. Krusen Drug Store.  He was a successful practitioner and often made calls on horseback.  He was very active in the life of the new community.  In 1873 he was elected the first village president, a position he held many years.  He was postmaster for 12 years, and a promoter and founder of the Imlay City Fair Association.

In later years his office was at various locations in the downtown area including 126 Third Street and the Haskin Block on the south side of east Third Street.

 

Dr. Jones’ Office
223 East Third Street

 

Continuing on your tour...

Thursdays
10:00 AM-4:00 PM
May- October
Corner of Third & Main Streets

Tuesdays
7:00 PM
June-August
Lamb Steele Park

Saturday
September 28, 2019
6:00 PM- 10:00 PM
Downtown Imlay City

Friday, December 6, 2019
6:00 PM
Downtown Imlay City

Imlay City DDA

150 North Main Street

Imlay City, MI 48444

8:00 AM- 4:30 PM

Scroll to Top