244 East Third Street
Arla Slogar & Linda Dyball, artists
Commissioned by the Imlay City Downtown Development to depict the history of Imlay City, the two artists created a mural featuring Dr. Jones. Dr. Jones came to Imlay City on December 23, 1870. He was the village’s first physician and village president. Also pictured are the Fairgrounds, the first school built in Imlay City (Fourth and Calkins Street), and the Water Tower. The Hands of Unity represent the Imlay City pioneers who were of many ethnic backgrounds; German, Dutch and Mexican migrant workers. The Muck Farmlands continue to be an important economic factor to the Imlay City region. Celery, iceberg lettuce, and blueberries have all been crops grown in the muck.